• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience preparing or auditing consolidated financial statements of mid/large multi-nationals in a public reporting environment.
• Ability to solve problems from both a conceptual and practical perspective.
• Strong technical IFRS knowledge that incorporates in-depth knowledge of accounting for investments, including:
o Fair value measurement for securities classified as level 3 (IFRS 13- Fair Value Measurement); o financial instruments disclosures (IFRS 7- Financial Instruments: Disclosures); o investment disclosures (IFRS 12 – Disclosure of Interests in Other Entities).
• Experience with Canadian public company reporting requirements, preparation of filings and NI 52-109 compliance (internal control over financial reporting).
• Financial reporting experience in investment management or private equity industry is desirable but not required.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment with multiple deliverables.
• 2+ years of progressive experience in public accounting and/or industry.
•Accounting designation required.
• Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer of Client, the Accountant, Financial Reporting will be a member of the financial reporting team
• Client’s external financial reporting as a Canadian public company issuing investment entity financial statements (fair value basis) which includes:
o Day-to-day accounting for the holding company including preparation of bank reconciliations, consolidation journal entries and provide assistance in the payables process (invoice tracking, approval and disbursement requests).
o Preparation and monitoring of financial statement disclosure checklist.
o Assist in the valuation and preparation of the disclosures for Client’s private company investments (fair value basis).
o Prepare all continuous disclosure documents for Client’s investment entity reporting.
o Interact and coordinate with external auditors as necessary for interim reviews and year-end audit.
o Assist in preparation of quarterly reports to the Board and/or Audit Committee of Client and address any of their ad hoc requests.
• Consolidated corporate reporting for Client to Client for its global consolidation and public reporting (traditional consolidation accounting) which includes:
o Assist in research for technical accounting white papers that conclude on the appropriate accounting treatment for investments to support both Client’s investment entity accounting and Client’s consolidated cost accounting.
o Complete investment and cash flow templates required quarterly.