Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Information Technology and Solutions is seeking an Administrative Assistant to help manage 2 VPs’ schedules and meetings as well as perform other administrative tasks.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a challenging and dynamic environment, while building processes from scratch. They will also get exposure to various groups and departments of Client.
Typical Day in Role
• Support the VPs in day to day management of his/her schedule by:
o Establishing and co-ordinating calendars;
o Arranging /scheduling appointments on behalf of the VP;
o Anticipating scheduling conflicts / problems and providing alternatives;
o receiving / screening / referring incoming calls/visitors using a high degree of discretion;
o Acting on telephone / mail requests received in the VP’s absence.
• Organize meeting / conference facilities by:
o Assessing and seeking out the most appropriate venue for meetings / gatherings based on size / type and attendees
o Arranging bookings for boardrooms / conference rooms (internal)
o Arranging for equipment and materials for meetings as appropriate
o Meeting with outside providers of service (conference centres / hotels / caterers)
o Recommending on facility alternatives
o Overseeing arrangements, ensuring smooth execution and assessing outcomes for future reference
o Preparing invitations for sign off by VP
o Tracking responses of meeting attendees, following up as appropriate
o Booking travel arrangements, ensuring all requirements of officer are met.
• Provide administrative support by:
o Verifying telephone bills/expense statements
o Ordering and managing stationery
o Gathering statistical information, presenting in organized formats and conducting simple analysis
o Preparing and submitting reports
o Maintaining records and information to ensure and control security access.
• Assist in maintaining the VPs / department’s expense and other budgets by:
o Preparing entries / transactions and supporting documentation to process payments;
o Recording /inputting / documenting data to track, monitor and control expenses;
o Providing supporting information reports to management to support decisions;
o Producing statistical reports to assist in the budget processes.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• Experience in a similar role – 3+ years of experience
• Strong experience with Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Lync & VPN – 5+ years
• Strong verbal/written communication skills. (written & verbal – create documents & presentations)
• Ability to build strong relationships, deal with issues and strong personalities
• Experience in High level of discretion required when dealing in confidential matters.
• Open to convert to FTE
• Accuracy & thoroughness (2) – organizes meetings, oversees arrangements, facilitating smooth execution.
• Analytical thinking (2) – assesses outcomes of arrangements previously made for future meetings/conferences, performs straightforward/simple analysis of statistical information.
• Communication (2) – able to anticipate conflicting schedules and clearly and concisely suggest alternatives.
• Commitment (2) – acts with discretion, takes on goals and aims of VPs to which he/she reports, and overall Bank
• FI/Banking experience – Strong organizational know-how (structure, key staff).