Story Behind the Need:
• Business Group: GWMS, Performance & Communications is seeking a Senior Agile Coach for multiple projects within Regulatory.
• The Agile Coach is responsible for driving cultural change within agile teams, by providing ongoing coaching for teams and leaders. They guide them through an agile transformation, so they can focus on delivering business value to our customers.
• In addition to promoting the use of agile practices and being a champion of agile principles and values, the Agile Coach will actively support the use of communities of practice. Fostering a positive dialogue with stakeholders, the individual will facilitate the sharing of lessons learned, retrospectives and other artefacts to continually improve and enhance agile practices at the Bank. An experienced agilest, you will be supporting a culture of continuous improvement and shared practices.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
• A great opportunity to leave your “stamp” as we are undergoing multiple exciting and forward thinking initiatives.
• A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
• Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
• A competitive compensation and benefits package.
• An organization committed to making a difference in our communities– for you and our customers.
• We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Typical Day in the Role:
• Work together with the Scrum Masters and supporting them to continuously improve team health and productivity
• Consult the Business and stakeholders to remove barriers and evolve practices to facilitate the consistently successful delivery of agile solutions
• Coach and mentor Scrum Masters, Product Owners, agile teams and management in addition to introducing thought provoking techniques (i.e. impact mapping and design thinking), tools and concepts in order to enhance release planning, agile ceremonies, continuous integration and continuous delivery practices
• Transfer knowledge and help teams continuously reflect and improve, becoming more effective in their roles and increasing the outcome, collaboration, and quality practices
• Understand long-term product planning/ roadmap and help inform development teams to create quicker gains for the benefit of the end user
• Participate in improving the team’s development practices, to ensure sustainability, security, and efficiency of the code base
Contribute to building organizational capability and expertise on agile transformation
• Lead and coach the organization in its digital transformation, sharing successes, lessons learned and provide vision to accelerate transition
• Communicate effectively across diverse audiences, departments and levels acting as an advocate of the agile methodology
• Identify opportunities for continuous operational and/or team improvements
• Ensure cross-team coordination and sharing of lessons learned
• Act as a role model and as change agent to support the organization through successful change
• Build a collaborative, trusting and safe environment across agile teams, fostering open communication to help surface/remove constraints, structure cohesive retrospectives and promote creativity within the team
• Foster an environment where failures represent learning opportunities, with an emphasis on problem solving
• Coach the team and provide guidance in organizational environments in which agile is not yet fully adopted and understood
• Coach product owners/business sponsors, partners and stakeholders to fully understand and feel empowered to incorporate agile in their lines of business
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• 4+ years of experience as part of an agile delivery team or as Scrum Master and/or leading large cross-functional/cross-regional teams on major agile organizational initiatives
• 2+ years of People Management experience
• 2+ years of experience as an Agile Coach
• Self-starter, self-sufficient, work independently
• Doesn’t require micromanaging
Nice to Have:
• Agile related certifications (Certified Scrum Professional Certification or similar advanced certification (CST) is an asset
• Kanban Certified Professional or similar advanced Certification (KMP, KCP) is an asset
• FI/Banking experience (Big 5 Banks preferred)
• Coaching experience in large organizations
• Experience in Regulatory Industry/Environments
• International banking experience
• Spanish Speaking
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience