Selling Points of Position:
• Exposure to client.
Best Vs Average Candidate:
• someone with good analytical skills and ability to learn.
• How will performance be measured: Verbal
• Global Operations and Business Services is a diverse and dynamic group of professionals, whose varied talents and experiences enable us to provide critical risk management and control functions for sales and trading, investment, and corporate banking. We are committed to innovation with purpose, execution with excellence, and continually improving the employee value proposition. We champion a culture of diversity, inclusion, and community giving. So, if you are zealous, collaborative, innovative, and enjoy visionary thinking, joining the team would be an ideal opportunity for you.
• The Asset Securitization Operations team is part of Capital Market Operations that partner with the front office and other areas within client Securities globally to mitigate risk for client and our clients. We are a Global team that performs operational risk/exception management functions to protect the accuracy and efficiency for pre and post trade functions. In this role you will be heavily involved in strategic initiatives, business development, and process improvements to drive efficiency, improve client service levels and reduce risk.
• The Asset Securitization Group is a leader in the securitization industry with a significant footprint in both the Canadian and US market. With experience in both Asset Back Securities (ABS) and Asset Back Commercial Paper (ABCP) markets, the group is highly regarded by both issuers and investors. The group works closely with a distribution team that has been instrumental in pioneering the securitization markets in Canada and in making client Securities one of the top dealers of ABCP and ABS. ASG is focused on traditional asset classes originated by large Canadian and multi-national corporations, many of which are important clients of The Toronto-Dominion Bank.
• In this role you will have an opportunity to understand the Asset Securitization business, while driving business results and providing legendary experiences for our clients and partners. As an analyst we will be looking for someone to take initiative and identify opportunities to work smarter and simpler. You are also expected to understand and manage market and operational risks inherent in the business.
• Ability to lead /collaborate and build and maintain strong relationships with key partners from across client Securities (Sales & Trading, Accounting, Technology, and other key groups).
• Perform regular / routine processing functions such as month end procedures, account reconciliations, projections, running queries and reports, variance analysis, suspense and error resolution and set-up/maintenance of transactions / entries where applicable.
• Conduct standard reporting and analysis as directed
• Provides specialized analysis / administration, processing and verification or reconciliation support as assigned
• Provide reporting to rating agencies like DBRS
• Forecast and raise daily funding requests
• Demonstrate an innovative and can do approach while building and cultivating an environment of innovation and participating in department projects to stream line our processes.
• Oversees resolution of issues and risks effectively and understands when to inform senior management.
• Deep understanding of operational risk management to effectively identify issues and dependencies and evaluate and enhance controls while keeping well informed of emerging issues, trends, and evolving regulatory requirements and assess potential impacts.
• University or college degree
• Relevant work experience
• Self-starter with a high degree of initiative and the aptitude to learn and adapt quickly
• Working knowledge of the Asset Securitization business
• A general understanding of the finance unit and operational functions for the Securitization business
• Ability to create test cases and do parallel testing across platforms
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills; have an eye for detail; initiative to follow up on items or determine appropriate steps for timely resolution
• Effective communication skills – both written and verbal
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to easily relate to peers and management
• Ability to handle projects; provide leadership on projects and demonstrate out of the box thinking
• Problem solving and working in a professional environment as part of an integrated team
• Well versed in regulatory rules and regulations impacting asset securization operations.
• Highly organized and well-developed skills in negotiating and influencing with the capability to deal with conflicting points of view and to effect creative and responsive solutions
• 2+ years of Asset securitization or asset backed securities experience is a must
• Basic knowledge of finance/accounting
• Expert skills in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to read and interpret credit agreements (CAIROs)
Nice to Have:
• Previous QA experience is good to have
• Some capital market exp is plus.
• Python or other analytical program experience