• The incumbent will be participating in daily processes, such as system postings to the general ledger, verification of trades against source system and settlement of (interest rate, foreign exchanged) derivative transactions.
• Notify and follow up with Front Office on any booking discrepancies.
• Perform daily reconciliation for various business units and investigate any discrepancies between their accounts and the GL.
• Prepare weekly trade detail summary reports for Front Office
• Providing operational support to other stake holders such as client NA’s mortgage backed securities business by ensuring accuracy of trades in source system and the preparation of the necessary confirmations.
• Responsible for preparing trade confirmations and facilitate settlement on behalf of all the groups we support.
• Performance of any ad hoc tasks.
• Derivative Fundamental Course
• Canadian Securities Course
• Past experience in a Back Office operational environment is preferred
• Derivative knowledge
• Accounting knowledge
• Excellent pc skills including Excel, Word
• Detailed orientated is highly required
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities is critical.
• Team player with excellent communication skills