Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The GRT- Liquidity Risk and Stress Testing team, contributes to the success of the bank’s Risk Management/Group Treasury/Regulatory & Compliance by enhancing various functions of liquidity risk reporting and by delivering new initiatives with respect to regulatory reporting.
• Project: This position belongs to a development team that develops and supports Liquidity Risk applications in Global Risk Technology (GRT), supporting the Group Treasury business area. The successful candidate is responsible for independent development tasks, including assisting in the analyst, design, and support of cost effective, mission critical, on-line, risk management and decision support systems for the Client group.
• The candidate must be able to interact with various people including the Team Manager, Business Analysts, Users, and Production Support groups.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a large-scale project that will impact the compliance and liquidity risk initiatives on a global scale. Integrating multiple technologies,
Typical Day in Role
• Provide second level support on applications supported. This will involve occasional evening and weekend work, including statutory holidays.
• Provides front-line application support and coordination when application problems occur.
• Participates in the evaluation of production logs and System Service Requests of high complexity and identifies actions to be taken to accomplish successful resolution to problem logs and deployment of new enhancements to the field.
• Develop enhancements on existing applications, including development of new extensions to existing applications.
• Assists in Integrated System Test (IST) by supporting the test plan, test case validation and execution.
• Works closely with Business Analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design solutions.
• Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with business stakeholders, various technology teams and production support teams.
• Conduct periodic reviews of internal processes and controls to identify opportunities for process improvement and methodology enhancements.
• Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting applications software.
• Resolve highly complex, multi-faceted problems to meet business needs, provide recommendations on the designs and methodologies, system solutions.
• Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design; performance monitoring and product evaluation.
• As part of the team, identify and lead strategic improvements to our systems and processes.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years extensive proven working knowledge and data model design experience with Oracle and/or SQL Server databases
• 5+ years of technical hands-on working experience with Java Enterprise Edition, Java Script, XML, XSL, and open source tools/libraries
• Technical hands-on working experience with TALEND (v6.3)
• Experience with File Transfer Protocols (FTP) and processes such as TCP/IP, Socket, and Secured FTP.
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, perform well under pressure, and change priorities as needed
• Knowledge of BIS tools such as Tableau and Business Objects are an asset.
• Experience with Microservices, Cloud, DevOps and Hadoop are an asset.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required