Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The GWRT Data management group ensures data sources are consumed in new feeds as the Client continues to move toward Cloud and Big Data technologies.
• Project: This project will focus on Consuming new data sources with Big Data technology for Security Master Financial Data with Acid Controls within the Capital Markets domain.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with newer technology within the bank as it continues to transform the way data is reviewed.
Typical Day in Role
• Perform code analysis, requirement analysis, development, test cases analysis related to data management applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts for data feed
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 1 + years’ hands on experience with Big Data tools: Apache Nifi or Kafka
• 1 + years’ hands on experience with Security Controls for Vendor Framework
• 5 + years’ experience with Unix and Shell Scripting
• 5 + years’ experience with Linux or Solaris
• 5 + years’ experience writing SQL Queries
• Canadian Securities Course (CSC) is a plus
• Recent Capital Markets projects within Security Master Data is a plus
• Experience with Acid Control or Golden Source is a plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required