Story Behind the Need
• Business group: This GWRT – Derivatives and Structured Product Technology department is specifically focused on derivatives technology. They look after the end to end applications of there in house-built trading platform.
• Project: The GWRT Derivatives group is migrating there Derivatives trading platform from a legacy system and integrating to a new in-house platform.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be exposed to various technologies and algorithms that integrate multiple aspects of the bank.
Typical Day in Role
• Core development using back end and database programming languages: Java and Sybase
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5 + years functional programming with Core Java (version 8.0)
• 5 + years database development with SQL, Sybase and PL/SQL
• 5 + years developing SDLC projects with Agile methodology
• Recent Capital Markets Derivative project experience is a plus and will be prioritized
• C++ Programming experience is a plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required