Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: This GWRT – Derivatives and Structured Product Technology department is specifically focused on derivatives technology. They look after the end to end application of there in house-built trading platform.
• Project: The K2 (in house platform) is being replaced derivatives platform existing being replaced, K2 new one is PXV – moving forward with Phase 5 of implementation
• Reason for request: Workload
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have an opportunity to leverage new technology they continue to develop systems to support our Global Capital Markets businesses worldwide.
• The Derivatives Technology team is leading the way in developing modern systems to support our Global Capital Markets businesses worldwide. We are looking for creative, self-starting, results-oriented, highly motivated individual with attention to details and excellent problem-solving skills. The incumbent need to be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced and agile environment
Typical Day in the Role:
• Development and support of a front-office trading system used for trade booking, trade execution and pricing of derivatives trades.
• Conduct proof of concept on new technologies or solutions around Microservices.
• Participate in design discussions on scalability, performance, security, Microservices best practices.
• Delegate work and assignments to team members
• Guide team members through technical issues and challenges
Must Have Skills:
• Excellent Computer Science Fundamentals
• Has Worked in an Agile Environment.
• Working with another technology team, but will need to be able to communicate with different development teams
• Someone who can work independently, willing to train other junior members
• Team player, someone who can work well with others and give regular updates / status of what they are doing
Nice to have Skills:
• A very good knowledge of capital markets and financial instruments
• Experience working on front office trading applications
• Understanding of cloud-based deployment
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required