Story Behind the Need
Business group: The Global Regulatory Compliance Group Supports capital markets front office trading space.
Project: The Axiom SL Configuration Specialist will work closely with the team and be tasked with suggesting solutions and analyzing financial data for implementation. The candidate will be knowledgeable in regulatory reporting and will provide recommendation and guidelines on best practices for solutions.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful resource will have an opportunity to utilize new technology and customize the banks data feeds with a newly generated Report.
Typical Day in the Role
• Design and develop Regulatory solutions on AxiomSL ControllerView framework
• Working closely with BAs and Axiom developers to create and maintain sustainable regulatory reporting solutions within Controller View
• Reviewing and optimizing existing code within a BAU setting
• Working within Agile development methodologies to consistently deliver quality code in a timely manner
• Supporting testers and business users through code promotions and post-implementation
• Helping to refine and reinforce good development standards in day to day work
• Reviewing business requirements pre-development and working with BAs to ensure that specifications are able to be understood and implemented
• Write design document and technical specifications
• Identify, track, monitor and communicate possible problems, scope changes, variations and contingencies where needed
• 5 + years’ Axiom development experience is a must
• 5 + years’ experience reading, writing SQL Queries
• 5 + years’ experience with US and/or Canadian Regulatory Reporting
• Strong verbal and written communication skills essential to properly understanding and resolving needs – do interact with business, need to be comfortable – clear, concise
• Teamwork and interpersonal skills are a must
• Excellent analytical skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field