Story Behind the Need:
Business Group: GWRT – Derivatives and Structured Product Technology is seeking a J2EE Developer with strong experience in building Restful APIs to work on an Independent Process Verification Process Project. This project involves building out the platform and Resftful interfaces for the UI Developers. The project is currently in the initial phases and is anticipated to go on for another 2 years.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be extended and work on additional projects based on their performance, while also strengthening their technical skills.
Typical Day in Role:
• Schema Definitions
• Writing extracts for the system
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Must Have Skills:
• J2EE – 5+ years of hands on experience
• Capital Markets – Risk factors, curves and volatility surfaces – 4+ years of hands on experience
• Building restful services (when UI developers features on front-end, take data from front-end and bringing into the databases; call other Restful services or others to extract further data)– 5+ years of hands on experience
• Database technologies (understand concepts, creating schema definitions) (i.e. SQL, Oracle, Sybase) – 5+ years of hands on experience
Nice to Have Skills:
• Market data feeds
• Capital Markets financial products
• Risk concepts – such as discount factors, bootstrapping etc.
• Strong communication skills – written & verbal
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required