Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Risk Management group monitors product controls and provides guidelines for traders daily. These guidelines are based on P&L data and are presented in reports.
• Project: The group is working on a new centralized solution to calculate independent P&L impacts automatically. The new initiative is built on a Linux based platform, Spring Boot for the Middle Server and Angular for the UI component.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have an opportunity to join an exciting new project that requires not only a strong developer, but a problem solver who will use new technology to leave a lasting impact on P&L methods for Risk Technology groups at the bank.
Typical Day in Role
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years coding and debugging skills in JSON, Java and Scala, proven through relevant recent experience
• 5+ years’ Python (used for end to end processing for build ETL side)
• 3+ years’ RDBMS with Postgres and Oracle Databases, predominantly PL/SQL to write procedures, including performance tuning and SQL hand-on experience
• 3+ years’ Linux environment development with Python
• Good communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent coding and debugging skills in UI frameworks (e.g. Angular) – will be prioritized
• Kafka, Elastic Search – data is published to Elastic Search (just to have JSON Structure) * don’t need expertise in that fine*
• Database certifications are a plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required