Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: GWRT Global Capital Markets Technology group supports multiple in house applications, maintaining Post Trade Data across markets globally for Middle and Front Office users.
• Project: The group is working on multiple high initiative projects related Cash Equity and Quantitative Trading Solutions and requires a Strong Full Stack Developer to lead the modernization from Solaris to Linux while also adding a new Oracle product line.
• Reason for request: Workload
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a high-performance environment that is leaving a lasting impact on multiple business units and functionalities across the bank.
Typical Day in Role:
• Setup data flow pipeline using Nifi to process, transform and transfer data between different systems
• Provide expertise and hands on experience in transforming data and streaming processing in Kafka
• Provide expertise and hands on experience in publishing/producing and consuming messages to/from Kafka
• Provide expertise in working with the Kafka environment such as brokers, zookeepers, topics, partitions, etc.
• Apply Kafka best practices in terms of ensuring high performance, scalability, maintenance, and stability
• Provide guidance for troubleshooting Kafka issues for development and support teams
• Develop monitoring strategies and solutions that use Kafka to support implementation
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 3 + years’ hands on experience designing and developing integration solutions with Kafka and related technologies
• 5 + years’ Spring, Boot, hibernate to develop microservices that interact with legacy databases
• Excellent problem solving, analytical and critical thinking is expected
• Ability to break down technical information and disseminating it to senior non-technical management
• Strong communication skills – able to articulate and communicate with team any suggestions / improvements for project
• Able to mentor and help junior developers navigate through complex codes
• Need to be able to multitask and work on multiple platforms and multiple projects concurrently
Nice to have skills:
• Troubleshooting and support with Kafka / knowledge for tracing messages (will be great asset)
• Previous Financial Sector experience within capital markets domain
• Experience with Linux/Unix environment and scripting
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred