Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The GWRT, Cash & Finance Trading Operations Technology group is working on a new ongoing project that will have a downstream impact on Wallstreet reporting.
• Project: The successful candidate will be extracting business data on Kafka and Elastic Search from oracle databases of Wallstreet FX trading. This ongoing project is expected to continue for upwards of 1 year and will be supporting the Mexico Integration in LATAM.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have an opportunity to significantly impact reporting processes within Capital Markets. Integrating new technology, this candidate will work with objects that promote reusability.
Typical Day in Role
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 8 + years core Java Development (version 8.0 or above)
• 5 + years Java Spring experience
• 5 + years’ experience working with RESTful APIs
• Good communication skills to work cross-functionally with business users, product owners and project managers
• Hands on experience with NifI is a major plus and will be prioritized
• Recent Capital Markets Wall Street Systems experience is a plus and will be prioritized
• Spanish speaking resources are a plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
• Certifications – Oracle certifications are a plus