Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Digital Client Services group is working on an ongoing Digital Wealth Modernization and is searching for a strong Java Developer as the project scope continues to grow.
• Project: The successful candidate will be joining an ongoing project focused on modernizing existing BNS Digital Online Functionality to a cloud-based environment.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on one of the most exciting Digital Transformation initiatives for the bank leveraging cutting edge technology stack to help improve experience and engagement for Client customers. Working in a collaborative and cross-functional environment, the candidates will work autonomously while working in a supportive environment.
Typical Day in Role
• Work as a member of a dynamic Agile team developing web applications for Online Brokerage / Wealth management retail customers
• Design and develop a new generation of online finance web applications based on Cloud solutions, such as Microsoft Azure, Google GCP
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5 + years web service development with Java 8 (minimum 2 years) or above, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, Spring Boot, Jersey and Swagger
• 2 + years working with cloud based microservices (GCP OR Azure)
• 5 + years’ experience with Java Frameworks: Spring, JUnit, Log4j
• 5 + years’ experience with JSON/RESTful, XML, and SOAP services
• 5 + years database development stored procedures with SQL, Sybase OR MS SQL
• Hands-on experience in Cloud MicroService and MicroApp development:
• Experience with Continuous Development or Continuous Integration is a plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required