Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Development Customer Data Management Solutions Goup supports customer information systems in Canada for account information. This is an in-house customized system that is utilized and supported by the banks mainframe (host system; DB2 IBM – MDM) in the back end
• Project: The group is enhancing current applications that is driven by new government regulatory compliance items. The application is driven by regulatory AML initiatives that have hard set timelines of completion April 30th, 2021.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join an exciting project that has high visibility within the bank’s senior stakeholders. Enhancing multiple customer applications, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to leave a lasting impact on the banks internal customer systems.
• The main function of a Developer (Java/Cloud) is to design, develop, and implement applications using in-demand languages and technologies (e.g. Java, Spring Boot, RESTful API, Public Cloud, etc.) to support business requirements.
• Create system design documentation outlining overview, diagrams and designs specific to users, application system and technical requirements;
• Participate in meetings regarding user requirements and design throughout the project development phase;
• Perform coding, unit testing, debugging, documenting and implementing of applications in collaboration with quality assurance;
• Analyze existing or proposed enhancement requests to determine their feasibility and time estimates required;
• Evaluate existing and new applications and upcoming technologies to meet user requirements;
• Maintain, support and enhance existing applications;
• Keeps up to date on new technology, applications, scripts and servers;
• Perform data modeling for database design;
• Analyze, maintain security features for application development, servers, authentication and procedures.
Skills and Qualifications:
• 6 + years’ development experience with Java EE,
• 6 + years’ experience with Java Frameworks (Spring/Spring Boot, JDBC, JUnit) and API technology
• 5 + years’ web services design, development and testing, SOA(SOAP/RESTful);
• 5 + years’ Java Performance tuning with SQL, XSL, XML
• Good communication skills to articulate needs with product owners and business users throughout the SDLC
Nice to have skills:
• Financial Industry experience is a big plus
• Familiar with Cloud Infrastructure architecture, Cloud development experience is nice to have; – because new technology will have enhancements on cloud-based technology* – potential exp. to work
• Experience in automated testing practices such as TDD, BDD, unit test, component test, integration test;
• Experience with DevOps tooling (e.g. Github, Jenkins) & DevOps process (automated build, test, deploy);
• Strong understanding of agile project management principles and practices and experience manage
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required