Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Application Engineering in The Platform Organization (PLATO) provides Enterprise portfolio management, best practices and governance, solution design, development, integration and operational services for enterprise products and services. The Customer Security Services team focuses on delivering products and solutions for customer digital identity management and authentication through a variety of delivery channels.
• Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Full Stack Developer ensures requirements to the development engineering team are delivered as per business specifications toward self-serve automation.
• The candidate will execute the onboarding of new channels, managing the relationship with different countries/regions for new opportunities. As well, in this position the individual will support migration strategies that is outside of the norm to meet special SLA’s and different country/regions regulatory needs.
• Project: These resources will be joining a new project called Second Factor Authentication. This project will be part of the client Online initiative and will be enhancing 12 applications (8 in house) to have a second foundational step for customer authentication for the web and mobile pages.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a brand new project projected to take upwards of one year to complete while utilizing a large variety of technology. Working with multiple business lines, the successful candidates will gain exposure to the larger banks initiatives while leaving a long term impact.
Typical Day in Role
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert as well as a tech lead to multiple scrum teams
• Liaison with bank technical areas to address application, security and network/communication issues and project coordination
• Keep pace with Industry Authentication Authorization standards to optimize design for customer and security acceptance
• Participate in all aspects of a project life cycle (Requirements, Analysis, Design, Code, Test, Implementation and Production handover)
• Onboard several channels using Banks standardized Customer Authentication
• Create user stories and ensures final delivery met customers’ product expectation.
• Ensure all applicable test cases are aligned with technical requirements, will support the execution of IST and UAT testing in preparation for production releases, maintaining documentation in confluence and jira.
• Create documentation including design, operational and support documents
• Lead design sessions and code/program design/review
• Evaluate new technology options and vendor products
• Regularly conveying status to team and management
• Support creation of materials for various management reviews and meetings
• Help drive best practices in order to eliminate waste, increase innovation and create value for the business
• Strong supporting role to Project Managers in developing relationships with the project teams and stakeholders
• Production support and escalation during the day as well as off-hours. Considerable effort is placed into determining, developing and providing sound and rapid judgement to production issues for recommendations on either workaround or resolutions that minimizes unplanned production outages
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 10 + years’ object-oriented development using Java and Spring (minimum 1 year with Java 1.8)
• 5 + years’ experience programming with Unix and supporting Linux OS
• 5 + years’ experience with Oracle Databases
• 4 + years’ experience created complex SQL Queries
• Recent experience (last 2 years) with Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines using 1 or more of the following tools (Jira, Jenkins, Gradle, Bitbucket, Artifactory etc.)
• 5 + years’ experience creating Restful APIs
• Strong communication skills required to clearly articulate technical requirements with sprint teams in virtual settings
• Security: PKI, security keys
• Various authentication Factors
• General web site attacking scenarios
• Understand SMS, Push Notification, and Email delivery
• Working knowledge of mobile programming is an asset
• Possess well developed leadership ability, as well as coaching and training experiences.
• Banking/Financial Services’ working experience would be an asset.
• Familiarity with client’s various business lines (Insurance, Wealth) and channels (LEAP, SCO) is an asset.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required