Story Behind The Need:
• Business group: GWRT – Global Capital Markets Technology We are part of the Global Equities technology team, who’s responsible of designing, developing and maintain the in-house built Front Office Blotter for ETF and derivatives desks in global wholesale banking.
• Project: Cerberus-K2 FastPath Interim Solutioning: real time position tracking tool for the front office desk
• Reason for request: OP210074: Structured Notes – Cerberus-K2 FastPath Interim Solutioning
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build a real time position tracking tool that is web app based, using parallel streams processing framework.
Typical Day In Role:
• Works closely with end-users, Business Analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Must take an interest in understanding the business functions of the end-users.
• Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget.
• Contributes to the design of new applications and undertakes enhancements. Largely working with creating net new code, the project works with decommissioning an aged application. Will not be rewriting the old application, but will be working with another team to define the back end service that is being developed.
• Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
• 40% front end, 60% back end
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years: Java, Java Script, Type Script, and Shell Script is a must
• 3+ years with Angular 2 or above (working in TypeScript) and Spring Boot is a must
• Working experience using Maven and Git
• Foundational knowledge of SOLID principles
• Agile and Waterfall methodologies
• Knowledge in Kafka, Elasticsearch, Apache Beam, and/or Kubernetes is an asset
• Databases: MS-SQL and Oracle is an asset
• Additional CI/CD tools such as Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory, and Docker is an asset
• The candidate must also possess good analytical, problem solving and communication skills, and be able to interact efficiently with other team members and the user community.
• The candidate should also be a quick learner, self motivated and results oriented, and able to work independently.
Best Vs Average:
• This role consists of quite a bit of Angular work, a candidate must be able to build components, modules, and services from the front end.
• Best would have more than good coding skills, but great communication skills to talk to end users and BAs.
• Communication is key to ideation on this project, and will be a great decider of the contractor’s performance. More experience than outlined in the JP is preferred.
Degrees Or Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection:
• Structure and Format: Behavioral interview with Senior developer and Team Member + take home assignment prior to second interview to review technical knowledge
• Spring Boot + Kafka + Angular, will be given a couple days to complete