Story Behind the Need:
• The Nostro Management Project is an initiative to automate and streamline the Bank’s intraday liquidity monitoring for client’s main Nostro accounts including USD.
• This is done using a vendor product and is implemented on the bank hosted infrastructure.
• The need for this came about because Nostros balances are reported on a T+1 basis forcing the bank to take a reactive approach to rectify accounts that are in a short position. There is significant credit risk resulting from late incoming payments from counterparts or clients with no clear way to identify these payments in a timely manner. The interest costs incurred on a yearly basis are significant and there is an opportunity to create a proactive process that will allow the bank to remediate on a same day (T) basis.
• The application would provide real-time monitoring of these accounts, gave insight into future cost savings and provide a basis for future compliance to regulators should the need arise and mitigate credit risk by tracking payment trends. It also allowed for predicting payment behaviour with respect to the Nostro accounts
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work closely with senior developers to understand multiple languages in various departments.
• The main function of a Technical Analyst is to plan, design, develop and implement efficient business and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes.
Typical day in the role:
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Must Have Skills:
• 3 – 5 years’ hands on experience with Linux / Unix Environments using predominantly Shell for Scripting
• Recent experience with PostGres (minimum 1 project)
• Recent project experience using Nifi OR Elastic Search – for ETL processing of data
• Good communication – articulate with the business – should be able to articulate with business users*
Nice to have skills:
• Application written in Python – it is a nice to have
• Kafka experience is a plus