Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GRT – Liquidity Risk & Stress Testing
• Project: DLSB (dynamic liquidity scenario builder). In is an application that inputs the bank’s liquidity data and creates “what if” scenarios (if ___, how will this effect the bank’s____). Main users are the bank’s liquidity risk team. Ultimately, these reports that are generated from the application go up to executive management for strategic planning around risk mitigation.
• Reason for request: Net new contractor for DLSB project (EPM: BGVN), sourcing for 2 candidates – Code:OP200478
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team with lots of challenges throughout the day and collaborate with all kinds of different stakeholders (not only technology team but involved in business as well).
• This is a big technology team, there are always opportunities to develop within the team and shift scope of role based on interests and strengths.
• They will see the project aspects develop from beginning to end (brand new pipeline and data flow), opportunity to display their creative and design skills, or fine tuning their skill sets
Typical Day in Role
• Develop, deploy, production, etc. (involved in the whole development cycle)
• Strong technical knowledge on systems and infrastructure in order to lead the design and development of reporting initiatives.
• Contributes to the design of new applications and undertakes enhancements.
• Involved in the full software development life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget.
• Build relationships and communicate effectively with colleagues. Works closely with end-users, Business Analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Must take an interest in understanding the business functions of the end-users.
• Every project and day will differ in responsibilities, the successful candidate will be flexible to work with various teams
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 3+ years’ experience using Spark (SQL or PySpark)
• 6+ years’ years Java, Python, Unix Shell Scripts
• 3+ years database experience (eg. Postgres or Oracle)
• 1-2 years Nifi
• 2-3 years Jenkins (e.g. CICD)
• 1-3 years recent experience with full stack development:
o Small front end developed using Node JS and React
o Back end: Node JS
• Previous banking, capital markets, or financial institution experience
• Design Experience
• 1-3 years recent experience with full stack development (A candidate that has full stack capabilities would be an asset, although the roll is more back-end than front-end):
o Small front end development using Node JS and React
• Working Knowledge of Power BI
• Self Motivated self started, proactive
• Able to multitask
• Detail Oriented
Best vs Average:
• The best candidate would have worked at a bank before, understanding the nuances (such as security requirements) of working at a bank or financial institution.
• Data engineering experience would also set someone apart and help them manage data and perform well. This candidate will also have more years of experience, and would be coming from a senior role if possible.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection:
• Structure and Format: panel, 1 round