• This is a COVID-19 strategic initiative to addressing the gaps in the Bank’s liquidity management capabilities and ability to build dynamic funding scenarios. The value add is derived from a nimble and forward-looking tool that will provide timely inputs to guide funding decisions in adverse market liquidity. It will facilitate simulations and dynamic what-if scenarios that leverages on existing processes as well as lessons learned from the COVID-19 market impact. Financial benefits are also expected to start in FY21+ as a result of this work. Funding cost optimization can be achieved by selecting the most efficient and cost effective options, which will reduce excess liquidity. Striking the right balance will contribute to the Bank’s net interest income.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work closely with senior developers to understand multiple languages in various departments.
• The main function of a Technical Analyst is to plan, design, develop and implement efficient business and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes.
Must Have Skills:
• 8 + years Java developer (1.8), Spring Boot, Spark – both functional programming + code re-engineering
• 3 + years’ Kafka, Nifi, Elastic Search – grouping of big data analysis tools
• Recent experience with PostGres (minimum 1 project)
• Technical Specialty – Experience with Docker* (recent project exposure – a lot of work is being imaged) – they use and may come across problems – and it is in depth and if they are capable of using the tools – doing the start and stop – should be sufficient*
• Linux/ Unix environment – Shell Scripting – 3 + years’ experience
• Good communication – articulate with the business – should be able to articulate with business users*
Nice to have skills
• API dev is a plus
• Python is nice to have
• Liquidity Scenario Builder (brand in house application being built on Java)
• Financial Industry is not a restriction – can come from any industry as long as they have strong technical acumen
• Experience with Jira / Confluence***
• DevOps experience