Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The GRT- Liquidity Risk and Stress Testing team, contributes to the success of the bank’s Risk Management/Group Treasury/Regulatory & Compliance by enhancing various functions of liquidity risk reporting and by delivering new initiatives with respect to regulatory reporting.
• Project: This position belongs to a development team that develops and supports Liquidity Risk applications in Global Risk Technology (GRT), supporting the Group Treasury business area. The successful candidate is responsible for independent development tasks, including assisting in the analyst, design, and support of cost effective, mission critical, on-line, risk management and decision support systems for the client group.
• The candidate must be able to interact with various people including the Team Manager, Business Analysts, Users, and Production Support groups.
Candidate Value Proposition
• As part of the GRT- Liquidity Risk and Stress Testing team, the incumbent will contribute to the success of the bank’s Risk Management/Group Treasury/Regulatory & Compliance by enhancing various functions of liquidity risk reporting and by delivering new initiatives with respect to regulatory reporting.
Typical Day in Role
• Develop enhancements on existing applications, including development of new extensions to existing applications.
• Develop and implement simplified logic processes to ensure enhancements and applications developed are highly supportable at low cost to support teams.
• Assists in Integrated System Test (IST) by supporting the test plan, test case validation and execution.
• Works closely with Business Analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design solutions.
• Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with business stakeholders, various technology teams and production support teams.
• Conduct periodic reviews of internal processes and controls to identify opportunities for process improvement and methodology enhancements.
• Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting applications software.
• Resolve highly complex, multi-faceted problems to meet business needs, provide recommendations on the designs and methodologies, system solutions.
• Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design; performance monitoring and product evaluation.
• As part of the team, identify and lead strategic improvements to our systems and processes.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5 + years Technical hands-on working experience with TALEND (v6.3)
• 5+ years of experience programming with UNIX
• 5+ years technical hands-on working experience with Java Enterprise Edition, Java Script, XML, XSL, and open source tools/libraries
• 5 + years Extensive proven working knowledge and data model design experience with Oracle and/or SQL Server databases
• Experience with File Transfer Protocols (FTP) and processes such as TCP/IP, Socket, and Secured FTP.
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, perform well under pressure, and change priorities as needed
• Recent Capital Markets Financial Data experience is a plus and will be prioritized.
• Knowledge of BIS tools such as Tableau and Business Objects are an asset.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required