Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: GWRT Data and Analytics Technology (OU20015033)
• Project: Universal Catalogue, a metadata repository (catalogue of assets). Application of Collibra product.
• Reason for request: Need a resource for workflows and a resource for connectors
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to expand their knowledge using Collibra and build their experience in this space.
• Be a part of a growing space in the bank and work on an enterprise wide solution with high visibility within the bank
Typical Day in Role:
• Developing workflows to automate business processes using skills mentioned in requirements.
• Work with JIRAs to add new features and bug fixes
• Test other developer’s code as needed
• May be called upon for support of the workflows
• Front end position using Collibra APIs to develop workflows
• Design of new workflows
• Working with the BA team to gather requirements
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 8+ years’ professional experience using Java and/or Groovy (flexible years if candidate has strong skills)
• 8+ years’ experience and strong understanding of REST API development
• 8+ years’ experience and strong knowledge of Unix
• 8+ years’ experience and strong understanding of SSL/Mtls/Oauth
• Knowledge of data management concepts (data elements, lineage, etc.)
• Experience with a data management tool (such as IGC, IBM DataStage)
• Knowledge of Collibra is a great asset
• Great written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to work independently
• Strong debugging/problem solving skills – small team where contactors need to be proactive in finding work and resolving problems.
Best vs Average:
• Problem solving ability is a key skill, as well as ability to be proactive. Show initiative and ability to analyze a problem and find a solution independently. Ability to analyze and optimize systems.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection:
• Structure and Format: 2 rounds:
o Initial round with team lead + team member
o Senior management interview