Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The GWRT Derivatives and Structured Product Technology group supports web applications and ensures products are maintained for the Client.
• Project: The successful candidate will be joining a team as they continue to support applications and databases for ongoing business needs.
• Reason for request: Mat Leave coverage
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a collaborative work environment that supports one another while gaining exposure to a large banking environment.
Typical Day in Role
• Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for analysis, troubleshooting, designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting applications software that is delivered on time.
• Troubleshoot code to identify failure causes or performance bottlenecks
• Perform unit testing, and assist in integration and user acceptance testing
• Assist business analysts during the creation of specifications
• Develop and maintain production processes
• Supporting and enhancing web applications
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5 + years programming with Java (1 year with Java 8)
• 5 + years supporting web applications, specifically Java web services and RESTful services
• 5 + years supporting Relational Databases including: SQL, PL/SQL and Sybase
• 5 + years scripting with Unix/ Shell OR Python languages
• Strong communication skills to be able to clearly communicate to business users regularly
• Previous Capital Markets experience is a plus, specifically in derivative products
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required