• Problem solver and fast learner
• Self-started with demonstrated ability work both independently and as part of a larger team in a dynamic, global, time sensitive environment
• Strong judgement and problem-solving skillset – think ahead, anticipates, questions, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives
• Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and handle high volumes of work
• Ability to adapt to changing policies and procedures
Must Have :
• Knowledge of 1-3 years of basic software development experience with Python (pandas, dash by plotly), VBA or JAVA
• Experience with data manipulation and ETL processes
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (specifically Excel)
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience in Capital Markets Operations with background knowledge of OTC Derivative Products.
• Confirmation experience
• Global Operations and Business Services employees are unique individuals whose varied talents and experiences bring value to the way they deliver for the franchise.
• Whether you are analytical or creative, business savvy or a people person, Global Operations and Business Services provides an ideal opportunity to succeed.
• The Global Operations and Business Services team is a diverse and dynamic group of people delivering continued business success through leadership, collaboration, innovation and visionary thinking.
• We provide critical infrastructure services that support and/or control the trading, investment and corporate banking functions of client Securities.
• With our core values, we foster a global culture of diversity, inclusion and community support/giving.
• The Equity Derivatives Operations team is part of Capital Market Operations and partners with the front office and other areas within client Securities globally to mitigate risk for client and our clients. We are a Global team that performs operational risk management functions to protect the accuracy and efficiency at every step of the EQD transaction lifecycle.
• In this role, the Analyst will be responsible for partnering with Sales and Trading to drive new business growth and build a rapport with the various Global client segments as we continue to focus on providing the best client experience/service.
• The successful candidate will demonstrate business and commercial aptitude by assisting and implementing the Global strategy for Operations which enables the business to meet its short and long-term objectives.
Accountability To Customer:
• Knowledge of OTC Derivative products
• High level understanding of the operating environment, business processes and procedures, and transaction lifecycle for own area and as applicable across Wholesale Global Operations (e.g., processing environment, applications, software, hardware, products)
• Researches and investigates a range of operations/reporting/process issues to better service our Global clients
• Develop and maintain working relationships with internal Global partners for the purposes of delivering optimal customer service
• Identify, document and investigate processes/exceptions arising from transactions/processes
• Resolve escalated matters and refer complex issues/situations beyond own level of expertise
Accountability To Shareholder:
• Adhere to operating standards and processes – check and validate work of team members to ensure no risk
• Recommends and implements solutions that are Globally efficient and effective
• Monitor service, productivity and efficiency levels within own function assess and propose process improvement opportunities
• Escalate issues on a risk basis
• Ensure team operates in compliance with applicable internal and external requirements
• Accountable for cross-functional/interdepartmental initiatives to deliver value add change
Accountability To Team:
• Represents the team as a subject matter expert on OTC Products, projects/initiatives and meetings across organization
• Provide training/guidance to others on best practices, processes – coordinate the sharing of information, skills, partner relationships and knowledge among team
• Promote a fair and equitable environment that supports a diverse workforce and encourages the team to achieve common goals and objectives
• Guide team on the completion of business as usual functions and/or ad-hoc non-routine tasks/initiatives
• Ensure the timely communication of issues that are relevant to the team and encourage a good working relationship with other departments
• Take charge in leading initiatives, events and team building opportunities to increase communication and collaboration within team