Story Behind the Need:
• Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Data is seeking an API Developer as an initiative to grow our back-end API microservices team that serve our digital mobile and online platforms.
• The candidate will be working on the TSYS Modernization program specifically as the bank needs to be able to integrate at the API level as well as providing some additional support and work on other projects where needed.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• Not only will this candidate gain experience at a big 5 bank, but they will be working daily with some of the most disruptive and emerging technologies, making real impact at the bank and its deliverables.
• The candidate will be working within client Digital – formerly known as the Digital Factory.
Typical Day in Role:
• Candidate will be a part of the standup at the beginning of everyday with team
• Coding, development and occasional meetings throughout the day for clarifications etc
• Ad hoc support on other projects and initiatives
• Analyzes, designs, develops, codes and implements programs as required
• Interacting with BSA, Delivery Lead, QA Tester, among others partner technology teams throughout the project lifecycles
• Supports applications with an understanding of system integration, test planning, scripting, and troubleshooting
• Defines specifications and develop programs, modifies existing programs, prepares test data, and prepares functional specifications
• Unit testing and occasional support of QA tester as needed
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• 5+ years of experience in a similar API Developer position
• 2+ years of API Development experience – Java 8, Spring Boot, Git
Nice to Have/Highly Preferred Skills:
• Spring JPA, Spring Security, Swagger Codegen, cloud development (PFC), Node.js
• Banking experience is preferred
• Experience using Jira and Confluence
• Experience working on a scrum team/in agile environment
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential
• Excellent communication skills including ability to distil technical details into simple terms; ability to influence decision making across stakeholders
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
• Natural Problem Solver
• The role requires leadership skills, hands-on technical experience, and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness
• Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
• Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure
• Strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills
• Bachelors or equivalent in computer science or related field is preferred
• Microsoft Teams – mixed technical, non technical interview approx 1hr