Story Behind the Need:
• Business Group: is seeking a Senior Application Support Analyst to support the CBT CURRENCY EVERGREEN Project – client home is using an unsupported platform Solaris 10, the CBT Currency Evergreen project will migrate the infrastructure to the bank’s private cloud using Red Hat Enterprise Linux virtual servers. The project end date is Oct 31, 2021. We require a SME to assist with the migration effort as the current team does not have the cycles to support the project.
Typical Day in the Role:
• Acts as the Subject Matter Expert/Mentor and holds overall accountability for business requirement review and the technical delivery and implementation of projects involving integration.
• Feed into the technology and infrastructure roadmaps.
• Proactively partners with business line representatives to drive improved technology solutions that support business strategy.
• Work together with Solutions Architect to implement bank standards.
• Proactively design, cost, business case and strategize solutions to propose to the department and business line management
• Participate in any Architecture forums. Research and recommend enhancements to the strategic technology evolution of the organization based on new and emerging technologies
• Participates as technical or business consultant in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging new packaged solutions or significant enhancements to existing applications.
• Provides expert advice and counsel to Corporate, Business Partner and/or IT areas, and IT project teams on highly complex issues related to “area of specialty”
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• 8+ Years of hands on experience in Unix ( Solaris / Linux )
• 8+ years of hands on experience in Middleware ( WebSphere, Jboss , Tomcat ) & Webserver( Apache, IBM http Server)
• Hands on experience in shell scripting, Perl, Python
• Understanding and recent working knowledge of TCP/IP stack & networking
• Understanding of messaging queue system like IBM MQ, Active MQ and JMS
• Ability to work the rotational shifts
• Excellent communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills are essential
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and client relationship skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives.
Nice to Have Skills:
• Hands-on technical working knowledge/experience with WebSphere Liberty
• iPlanet experience
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or technical equivalent.