• Reporting to the I.T. Manager, this is an opportunity for a skilled iSeries Developer to have their feet in both worlds. Supporting internal systems requests while having the opportunity to build applications that support their B2B environments. The Developer is responsible for working with the business analyst to gather user requirements from business leaders and process owners. Turning those requirements into error free software using one or more of the local programming/scripting languages. Additionally, they will be supporting regular maintenance and administration on the iSeries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop, update, and troubleshoot programs (iSeries, web based or services) to facilitate various business functions
• Develop user requirement documents for signoff
• Participate in code review sessions as well as agile scrums
• Create both user documentation as well as technical support and operations documentation
• Understand and follow all applicable Standard Operating Procedures as required.
• Be a lifetime learner and attend training to enhance skills.
• Other duties as assigned
Health & Safety:
• Works in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act
• Conducts self with regard for safety of employees; is aware of safety and evacuation procedures
• Report to supervisor / manager any health & safety violations or hazards.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
• Database: SQL Query writing, Postgress, DB2
• OS: Linux (Ubuntu), Microsoft, IBM i
• Reporting Tools: Cognos, Power BI
• Environments: RPGII, GIT, Java, Clojure