• The Targeted Marketing team delivers targeted customer communications through various channels and tactics. As part of the broader client Corporate Marketing group, this department works with other marketing teams, internal stakeholders and external agencies to deliver best in class direct marketing programs to our customers.
• As Associate Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the development and management of targeted customer communications through various channels and tactics (e.g. mail, email, digital, retail and phone), developing targeting and offer matrices, preparing briefs and managing project timelines for the various client businesses.
• Working closely with key project stakeholders (business unit, marketing planning, customer knowledge & business intelligence, digital channel, social media, advertising & merchandising and agency partners) you will translate business objectives into direct marketing communication strategy that drive results. You will leverage your expertise in direct marketing to develop customer centric, engaging, measurable, targeted campaigns, always keeping the customer experience and client’s comfort principles at the forefront.
• As an experienced marketer with a direct marketing background, you thrive in a demanding environment. You possess a diverse marketing skill set, including marketing communications, acquisition, loyalty, product marketing or marketing planning. You fully understand the production and deployment process for both print and digital tactics. You are just as enthusiastic reviewing creative concepts as you are diving into data analytics.
• This role requires strong attention to detail, problem solving skills and ability to navigate process to ensure projects are delivered on strategy, on time and on budget. You are solutions-oriented and able to expertly work through complex issues. You have demonstrated experience in applying a strategic approach and challenging the status quo to win on behalf of customers.
• Your excellent communication and project management skills are paramount, as is your ability to manage many stakeholders across different teams and multiple levels of the organization. You know how to successfully lead working teams to deal with change and resolve issues in projects. You have strong presentation skills and can effortlessly tailor your communication style to your audience.
• The position reports to the Manager, Targeted Marketing, Customer Strategy. The successful candidate will be a key member of the team and be collaborative in sharing new ideas and better ways of doing things. You will be willing to accept constructive feedback and be a driver of change. You embrace new ideas, are a fast learner and are current with marketing and business trends.
• 5-7+ yrs exp. in Targeted Marketing Communications
• Deep understanding of data to drive creative communications
• Expert in developing direct marketing strategy & executing direct marketing programs
• Exp. in preparation of briefs & marketing plans
• Client centric with exp. developing programs
• Strong campaign analytical skills, preparing forecasts & post-analyses
• Excellent communication, organizational, project management & collaboration skills
Nice To Have:
• University or Post Secondary education preferably in business or marketing
• Proven problem solving, negotiation and decision-making skills
• Ability to lead complex multi-product projects as part of large cross-functional teams
• Experience with strategic creative evaluation
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and successfully manage several campaigns at the same time
• proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Be a strong team player and be open to constructive feedback