Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GWRT-GCMT – Derivatives Trading Technology is searching for a strong back end developer for their ongoing enhancements, bug-fixes, issue resolutions & Projects.
• Project: The purpose of this job is to build and maintain technology applications to support GWRT business – Commodities
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will gain exposure and continue to specialize in FX products, metal commodities while gaining exposure to multiple derivative technologies, especially Murex.
Typical Day in Role
• Lead and participate in the requirement gathering, system design, solution definition, Murex / Java development, user testing and implementation / post implementation support.
• Lead and participate in the implementation of new systems or enhancements by running required conversion programs, performing shakedown testing of the production environments, preparing the Change Control Release documentation and running the parallel test cycles.
• Coordinating with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Compliance, Trade Repositories and Technology) to ensure teams leverage best practices and develop processes to ensure Operations is in alignment.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 7 + years back server-side development with Open Source technologies: Java / J2EE
• 2 + years development with Spring and MyBatis
• 5 + years database development with SQL, Oracle and / or Sybase
• 3 + years’ UNIX/ Shell Scripting
• 3 + years’ experience with XML, XSLT, JSON
• 3 + years’ experience with MQ/ JMS
• 3 + years’ experience with Version Control Tools such as SVN/ GIT
• Capital Markets / Murex knowledge is highly preferable
• Exposure to .Net, Angular JS, other programming languages is preferable
• Exposure to DevOps, Agile is preferable
• Exposure to regulatory reporting requirements (DFA, CTR, MIFID 2, EMIR) would be an asset.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required