Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: This GWRT – Derivatives and Structured Product Technology department is specifically focused on derivatives technology. They look after the end-to-end application of there in house-built trading platform.
• Project: The Group is working on a new initiative within capital markets called the DAS (Distributed Analytics Service) project. This Opco service will be integrated into the derivatives platform built on Object Oriented Java programming and requires a strong back-end developer.
• Reason for request: Workload
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have an opportunity to leverage new technology they continue to develop systems to support our Global Capital Markets businesses worldwide.
• The Derivatives Technology team is leading the way in developing modern systems to support our Global Capital Markets businesses worldwide.
• We are looking for creative, self-starting, results-oriented, highly motivated individual with attention to details and excellent problem-solving skills. The incumbent need to be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced and agile environment
• Reason for request: New hire
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build long lasting relationships within Canadian and Global Markets. This candidate will be a key driver in ensuring testing initiatives are analyzed and maintained through the SDLC cycle.
Typical Day in the role:
• Ability to create business solutions that increase competitive advantage
• Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Project management skills to handle diverse projects, often simultaneously, and meet aggressive deadlines
• Ability to solve technical problems/ processes and understand complex details
• Ability to increase operating efficiency with produce high quality technical solutions
• A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions
Must Have skills:
• 5+ years’ experience with core development with Java, multithreading programming (minimum 2 years with Java 1.8)
• Microservice experience with REST, Spring Boot (minimum 3 years’)
• 3 + years’ experience with Dockers and Kubernetes
• Strong understanding of the SDLC cycle, within an Agile environment, with minimum 2 years’ experience
• Excellent communication skills required to facilitate requirements with multiple vendors
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
• MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
Nice to have:
• Capital Markets project experience (Derivatives and Risk/ Analytics preferred) – is highly preferred and will be prioritized
• STP experience is a strong plus and will be prioritized
• NoSQL database experience is a plus
• Cassandra is a nice to have skill
• Role needs to be focused on Java, essentially a new component that needs to be created on an existing platform (new module and net new coding will be required) – the new module will integrate with STP trades (new service being added)
• Should the contract go well, there will likely be opportunities for extensions on other projects or conversion to full-time.
• Further integration work will happen later in the plan, but immediate requirements will be part of the STP trade integration within this module
• Interview process:
o 1-2 interview through Microsoft teams Interviews (codility is preferred)