Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GRT – Global Risk Technology, maintain risk management systems for business users (maintaining the VAR – Market Risk System).
• Project: The group is working on a consolidation project called Confirmation Hub that involves back office settlements to be consolidated into one source system. They require a strong BSA to join their group as the project evolves.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a long-term project that enhances the banks VAR.
Typical Day in Role
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Must Have Skills:
• 1 Year (recent project) minimum with the Kafka
• 2 + years’ experience working and supporting back office functions related to FX, Fixed Income or Equities – Wall Street FX
• 5 + years’ experience reading, writing and running SQL queries
• Business knowledge of settlements and engagements proven with recent project experience
• Excellent communication skills required to work with cross functional teams (back office + systems + DevOps), contractor will need to clearly and concisely gather data / queries to consolidate
Nice to have skills:
• Knowledge of SWIFT Messaging
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred