• The main function of a business analyst is to elicit and document business requirements in order to support the delivery of business solutions, which may include a technology component, but may also consist of process improvement, or organizational change.
• A typical business analyst is responsible for assessing, documenting and validating business user requirements, including current/future state process maps, business use cases, non-functional requirements, and data and reporting requirements.
• Leads Requirements Management / work packages for Tier 3-4, low to moderate risk and regulatory projects with multiple stakeholders and across multiple LoB.
• Clarify problem and/or opportunity statements from business units.
• Work collaboratively with technology partners, operational areas, vendors, and business stakeholders to plan, elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage business requirements.
• Support project delivery, testing and implementation activities to deliver business benefits and achieve business results/objectives.
• Apply best practices for effective communication, relationship management and problem-solving with stakeholders/partners. Interview or survey workers, observe job performance or perform the job to thoroughly understand the impacts of the proposed change.
• Consult with management to ensure agreement on articulation of requirements.
• Creates Data Mapping Document in talks with Business
• Maps Data elements to different source systems in talks with Systems SME/Owner
• Effectively document processes involved in creation of SQL data structures and dashboards
• Change Management
• Manage & execute Project Plan (simultaneous development on different dashboards)
• Document work from Proof of Concept (initial 2 dashboards)
• Document Day 2 Transition responsibilities
• Understand overall broader Ops dashboard requirements and document the different phases of forward design
• 5-7 Business Analyst exp.
• Project Mgt. exp. (i.e. hold people accountable on due dates, tracking course of the project – 20-30% pm skills; creating a project plan;understand project end to end life cycle)
• Strong Documentation exp. (this is critical)
• Strong exp. with Data mapping (this is critical)
• Exp. with Requirements Gathering
• Exp. with Technical design documents
• SQL knowledge (i.e. Know how it works so they can relate to what the tech. developers are facing; they won’t need to write them)
• Has a technical mindset (so it’s easier for the developers to understand what they’re saying)
• Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
Nice To Have
• Forward designing exp. (i.e. solve end to end; identify the problem, and explain how you want to see it in graphics, ie. month over month trend graphs, – looking from different angles)
• Mandate – wealth operations (back office – financial planning,etc).
• They will be be working on an operations health dashboard (dashboard at a high level) from high level to team managers
• Identify KPI’s to tableau dashboards
• BA will have a mixed skillset (should be able to document and capture requirements; talk to stakeholders & the data analytics team & document requirements in a transparent way)
• Be self motivated – willing to go and cover the extra mile; Proactive in speaking to stakeholders to uncover needs
• Exp. speaking to stakeholders, & understand their needs; then document into business requirements
• Conversion from business to tech (explain to developers) – have a technical mindset (don’t’ want someone who can write sql, but can translate business requirements to developers)
• Communication skills are critical; Should have crisp verbal & written, above average skills
• PMP is not a must have, but its more about holding people accountable on due dates, and tracking a course of the project – 20-30% pm skills; creating a project plan (mgr. will let him know what needs to get done)
• There is no BSA on the team; Will be the only one BA on this project (if they have exp in data analytics, that is good but what is most important is that they have a technical mindset (working around data) – tableau is not necessary)
• Agile project methodology knowledge– not required
• Who are part of the team – 9 people – Sr. business insight analyst, application developers, this person will need to gain knowledge (not necessarily a SME)
• Banking/finance background is not required but is nice to have
• Focus on: Technical Mindset, documentation exp., self motivated