Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The GWRT FX Trading department is searching for 2 motivated Junior Business Analysts to support and maintain front and back office applications for the e-trading platforms.
• Project: The successful candidate will join a dynamic ongoing project for trading support and production.
• Reason for request: Backfill / Project
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidates will have the opportunity to be exposed to cutting edge technology in a fast-paced environment.
Typical Day in Role
• Provide business support to all global units, including Mexico business partners.
• Manage multiple small projects and/or manage specific sections of large projects to implement solution to business partners. This involves planning and scheduling resources, developing detailed project plans, monitoring progress against planned objectives, financial review, and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management
• Participate in the systems implementation process by defining business requirements and processes, developing fast strategies and test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, assisting in the development of conversion and implementation strategies, providing user documentation, providing user training and providing post implementation support.
• Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 0-3 years’ experience gathering requirements as a business analysis and providing L1 support
• 1-2 years’ experience writing SQL Queries to track production issues and log defects before communicating with development team
• 1-2 years’ experience working in Unix environments
• Excellent communication skills required to be able to work with both front office staff and the back-office development team daily.
• Previous experience working with FX Trading departments is a big plus and will be prioritized
• Experience UAT testing and building test cases is a plus
• Experience of MS Excel, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, Unix
• Experience with Wallstreet FX Application
• Knowledge of the trade life cycle
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, business, econometrics or related field required