• As a Business Analyst you are passionate about business analysis and enhancing reporting applications that enable fund governance. This includes tracking the Fund Asset Mix and Exposures as well as measuring Liquidity and Counterparty risk and Margin Requirements.
• You will play a key role underlying all initiative delivery. Your responsibilities are to understand, document and facilitate agreement on requirements, approaches, specifications and decision variables that enable the delivery of appropriate solutions to achieve business and project goals. You will elicit client needs and ensure requirements traceability as part of delivering applications and information solutions for internal business partners.
• You will be part of the Business Analyst team. In this dynamic role, teamwork will be the key to your success as you work collaboratively with other functional teams including Relationship & Application Management, Project Management, Solutions Engineering and QA on a portfolio of initiatives enabling Financial Management Reporting and Total Fund Governance that encompasses ad-hoc requests, small & medium enhancements and projects.
• Engages business clients (Product Owners) to elicit business requirements and understand business objectives
• Produces business analysis related documentation, including (functional and non-functional) requirements in the form of stories, current and future state processes and workflows, and solution specifications to a high quality standard
• Conceives, proposes and facilitates the selection of viable functional solution alternatives
• Works with business and solution teams to ensure that solutions being delivered meet business intent and provide business value
• Demonstrates requirements traceability and, where appropriate, leads the User Acceptance phase of initiatives (define strategy, plan, approve test cases, oversee execution). Works with Business, Solutions Engineering and QA to ensure built solutions meet stated requirements.
• Participates in the initiation and planning of projects – including facilitating the definition of objectives, scope, and deliverables as well as provide Business Analysis work estimates.
• Contributes to the operation and improvement of the delivery team
• Builds solid partnerships with Business management and staff, Client Relationship and Application Managers, Project Managers and other key stakeholders
• University degree in (Business/Finance, Financial Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Risk Analysis)
• Asset would be one or more of:
o Certified Business Analysis Professional
o Agile Practitioner Certification
o Canadian Securities Course
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Business Analyst (or Business Consultant or Business Systems Analyst or Data Analyst)
• Investment industry experience (i.e. understanding of investment products, trade life cycle, performance measurement, risk management, etc.)
• Experience in data analysis, using SQL or similar language
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment, collaborating effectively with business, delivery and technology partners
• Excellent understanding of techniques and tools pertaining to the planning, analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance of technology solutions
• Robust understanding of agile and waterfall project management delivery methodologies and the difference between needs and wants
• Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with multiple levels of clients, team and partners
• Proactive customer focus
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience with the following technologies is an asset: JIRA , Excel Power Pivot, SharePoint, Bloomberg, SQL , OLAP Cube, HP ALM