• The Treasury and Balance Sheet Management (TBSM) department of client is responsible for overseeing the management of client’s Canadian and US P&C: non-trading market risk, consolidated liquidity risk and consolidated capital position.
• Culture: TBSM prides itself on fostering a culture which focuses on development, open mindedness, sharing team successes, partnerships & value add initiatives. Emphasis is especially placed on developing our people by fostering a teaching culture & valuing diversity.
• The Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) Measurement & Analytics (M&A) team within TBSM supports the bank’s margin/NII measurement and management function of the bank. Furthermore, it informs the bank of key value drivers and enables Treasury’s business advisory service to the bank’s businesses. Team members support the design of new products, portfolio profitability and product pricing decisions.
Overview of Responsibilities
• The Business Analyst, BRR NPL will be a vital link between the business and technology teams supporting the implementation of Benchmark Rate Reform (BRR) New Product Launch (NPL) project. This individual will work extensively with multiple TBSM functions, project and technology teams.
Key Responsibilities of this position include:
• Act as the point of contact for the business and technology teams, collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of the BRR New Product Launch project
• Interact with multiple business teams (e.g. FP, FTP, Liquidity, Modeling, Data) to understand and document business requirements
• Develop business expertise, perform comprehensive analysis, outline problems, opportunities, options and design solutions
• Coordinate between multiple technology teams, translate the business requirements and work closely with technology teams for implementation
• Conduct regression testing, investigate the root cause for the issues making sure the business results are explained and understood
• Develop and foster a positive working relationship with partners and stakeholders
• Create an extraordinary place to work by developing and motivating other team members
• Post-secondary degree
• MBA, CFA, PMP considered assets
• Principles of asset/liability management, capital markets, and how Treasury delivers value
• TBSM processes (Canoe, VISION, and Indigo) and how they interconnect
• The features and characteristics of retail banking products
• Agile methodology for project delivery
• Gathering & analyzing business requirements and explaining requirements to system developers
• Coordinating cross functional teams to deliver key initiatives considered an asset
• Mapping-out/re-engineering processes and workflows, including associated change management
• Simplifying complex concepts and business results in terms understandable by audiences with varied backgrounds & seniority levels
Competencies and Personal Qualities:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Quick to learn and apply new concepts
• Demonstrated strong critical thinking, problem solving and analytical abilities
• Being detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
• Ability to teach skills and concepts to colleagues
• Approach responsibilities with diligence and initiative, taking ownership of issues to ensure successful outcomes, able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and manage competing initiatives
• Challenge the status quo and exhibit a forward-looking mindset to identify enhancement opportunities that are efficient and scalable
• 5+ years of experience as BA
• 5+ years of experience in requirements gathering and documentation.
• Prior experience with Agile methodology
• Stakeholder management exp
Nice To Have
• Prior experience with TBSM
• Basic knowledge of VBA/SQL