Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Product Systems Business Analysis – Group within product systems area, within product systems there are 6 areas such as Commercial, Day to Day, Investment Platform, Financing, Small Business. Team looks after all cross-domain projects that a certain VP is accountable for.
• Project: To fill in business solution expert gap of leading support activities across the product systems
teams. This role is critical to ensure all service support issues are effectively addressed in order to improve overall stability and resiliency. May also be involved in certain projects.
• Reason for request: Additional support.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• Career growth and intention to turn contract into full time.
Typical Day in Role:
• Tech lead capability – collaborating with different technology teams to make sure they are looking after the big picture and have all pieces well connected.
• Problem solve when there are cross domain issues, capable of understanding pieces and how to pieces work together to be able to problem solve in the particular domain area.
• Strong from the technical point view, will not be doing coding, but should be able to coordinate high level architecture discussions from the conception level, draw diagrams quickly to show relationships from technology projects.
• Articulate things in different level of details – document in a way to articulate the big picture, and also tied to the details, summarizing information, documenting in a meaningful fashion to problem.
• Connection point between technology and business, align business strategy with technology strategy (from big picture point of view)
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
• Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
• Supports one or more highly complex business processes
• Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
• Capability on facilitating cross domain discussion – strong skills on facilitating discovery sessions
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 6+ Business Systems Analyst Experience within Agile/Waterfall environment – specifically with large scale system implementations. Financial Industry/Banking Experience is preferred.
• 3+ years Tech Lead Experience – (coordinate with multiple development teams, working with 30+ different systems, ensure they are all connected and aligned to banks business strategy)
• 2-3 years + Experience with architectural design/Solution Design (will be more hands-on with the logical part – further specify experience on submission)
• 6+ Microsoft Office Suite Products
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Retail Product Systems Knowledge
• Regulatory Project Experience
• BSA Related Certifications
Soft Skills Required:
• Facilitation Skills
• Problem Solver
• Team Player
• University degree in a technical field