Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Global Banking Markets (GBM) markets group analyzes and ensures regulatory compliance and remediation for the banks’ capital market clients.
• Purpose: The Group is working on a new project called Global OTC / ETD Data Remediation. The focus is on identifying and resolving broken data between onboarding application and data lake. This requires two additional resources to join the group to identify, analyze and resolve issues while ensuring all changes are captured and reported on.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain exposure to the banks processes while working with a high performing team that is up to date with global regulations.
Typical Day in Role
• Document processes associated with data gap resolution and analyze large complex data sets of derivative onboarding data for regulations such as Dodd Frank, European Market Infrastructure Regulation and Canadian Derivatives by utilizing SQL and advanced Excel skills
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align business and technology solutions.
• Supports one or more highly complex business processes
• Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5 + years’ experience creating, reading writing SQL queries (Minimum 5 years’)
• Advanced Excel Skills – Contractor needs to be able to run VBA, Pivots, Formulas (Minimum 5 years’)
• Excellent communication skills to gather business requirements, create and edit custom reports and provide solutions to multiple stakeholders on progress of project
• Previous client Experience is requested and very important
• Knowledge of Regulations Dodd Frank, EMIR and Canadian Derivatives is highly preferred and will be prioritized
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field such as commerce, finance, Global Markets or related field required