Story Behind the Need:
The Electronic Execution Services (EES) Integration group manages system integration and client connectivity requests while providing trading operational support for client’s direct market access (DMA) and algorithmic trading systems. The three areas they focus on include:
• Client onboarding and BAU requests – Custom configurations, routing arrangements, special settlements/ end of day reporting
• 2nd level Operation Support for Trading desk – Handle day to day production issues ie. settlements/trading operations
• Project Management / Business analysis – Oversee regulatory, business initiatives acting in the capacity of BA/PM/SME.
• The group is looking for a strong BA that has industry know how to lead the Legal Entity Identity Initiative (LEI) with specific mandates due in 2021.
Candidate Value Proposition (CVP):
• The EES Integration team is searching for a motivated Technical Business Analyst who will be responsible for analyzing regulatory requirements that arise from the LEI initiative, translating them into technical changes for the existing electronic trading infrastructure, and finally documenting and testing out the required scenarios.
Typical Day in role:
• Design, test and implement business/regulatory driven system changes in the FIX engine, risk management platform and client portal hub for the Electronic Equity Trading desk
• Extensive interaction with clients, vendors and exchanges to manage and maintain FIX connectivity for electronic trading as well as onboard new clients
• Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of equity trading strategies, technology and market structure.
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 1-2 years’ experience working within Capital Markets field – preferably related to electronic trading applications and workflow. Strong background working with FIX protocol is required given the nature of the role.
• Recent project experience supporting Regulatory Initiative projects – ie. MiFID, LEI, CAT
• 2 + years’ Business Analysis experience with technical writing skillset
• Strong communication skills and analytical skills, Effective written and verbal communication skills to bridge between operational support and production items
• Ability to work individually and in a team environment
Nice to have skills:
• Some financial education (relevant courses, CSC, CFA…)
• QA background would do well In this role and will be a bit of mix of skillset; documentation, testing/analysis – not pure QA*
• Electronic trading background a plus (strong plus)
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred