Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Regulatory Initiatives group is leading a high-profile initiative to upgrade and modernize regulatory platforms across Global Markets in US, Canada, London, Singapore and Hong Kong. The initiative is expected to take upwards of 2 years to complete and requires a Business Analyst to facilitate requirements to technical users.
• Project: The focus of the Remediation modernization upgrade will initially be focused on US regulations but will also include Canadian and Global Markets.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will be joining a high-profile Regulation project that will be impacting multiple business lines across the bank. The successful contractor will leverage strong relationship building with Senior Stakeholders, Business Users and Vendors.
Typical Day in Role
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
• Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
• Supports one or more highly complex business processes
• Works on multiple projects as a project team member
• Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5 + years’ BA Experience, 1 minimum project supporting one or more regulations (G20 OTC Derivative Reforms OR Dodd Frank OR EMIR OR Initial Margins/ Invid)
• 5 + years’ experience managing Stakeholder relations while working with senior business users across multiple platforms
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working with Regulatory Products within Capital Markets industry
• Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate business requirements to various users
• Risk – related to Cap Markets – who can understand derivative product technology –
• Previous client experience is beneficial
• Vendor managed regulation experience is a plus, specifically with Dorit*
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required