Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The GWRT Data Management group mandate is to maintain and enhance the Consolidated Transaction Repository (CTR), a centralized data hub for end of day capital markets transaction and position data. This data is normalized and fed downstream to various consumers for reporting (chiefly risk. but also some regulatory).
• Project: This candidate will be focused on a system integration project related to the provision of Securities data (mainly income and equities) from CTR to another outside system. The Candidate would be expected to be the key resource for the CTR team on this task, gathering requirements, and documenting any new processes required within CTR as part of the project, and working with the CTR development team on any new code required within CTR tor implementation. They would also be responsible for arranging testing within CTR, as well as coordinating with any outside affected teams to enable their own testing.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to long lasting relationships within Canadian and Global Markets. This candidate will be a key driver in ensuring stakeholders communication with IT team is streamlines.
Typical Day in Role
• Collaborates with business partners, sometimes senior management, to define business objectives, process and requirements
• Within the context of the project, collaborates on and sometimes leads discussions with business partners to better understand the business environment, to determine potential impacts on the project scope and objectives and to modify the requirements management plan, if required
• Builds. sustains, and leverages relationships with individuals within his/her area of immediate responsibility when gathering. validating. and approving requirements to establish a comfort level in managing relationships and understanding business needs and assurance that a quality result will be delivered
• Determines the best approach for eliciting, analyzing, validating and prioritizing requirements to ensure that the necessary information captured from the relevant stakeholders to address the business needs
• Identifies and documents project requirements in order to capture required outcomes and ultimately support the business overall objectives
• Adheres to and ensures that others adhere to the organization’s Requirements Management processes to support the organizational standards and ensure consistency of deliverables.
• Ensures all necessary stakeholders are engaged in communications between the Information Technology (IT) project team and the business to help identify who should be involved in the identification and development of the requirements
• 5-7 years business analysis experience, supporting medium to large sized projects
• 4+ years experience of the Wholesale Banking/Finance industry – integration data projects are a plus, particularly for security data (i.e. fixed income and equities)
• Excellent communication skills – successful candidate demonstrates good writing and documentation skills
• Excellent relationship building skills – can communicate with varying stakeholders at multiple levels in different situations (e.g., one-on-one interviews, formal requirements gathering sessions, etc.)
• Possesses good influencing and negotiating skills
• Project experience with capital markets data initiatives
• Basic SQL/Unix skills
Nice to Have Skills:
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charterholder
• MBA (or equivalent Master’s degree)
• Financial Risk Manager (FRM) designation
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
Degree or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a finance-related field (economics, finance, etc.) or technical (computer science/engineering etc.)