Selling Points of Position:
• Best Vs Average Candidate: Someone with great attention to detail, is a team player and able to work in fast paced environment.
• How will performance be measured: mix of productivity and feedback from internal clients.
• Global Trade Finance Operations International processing hub is located in Montreal with spoke locations in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Houston and Singapore. We are a team of over 95 experienced professionals who offer a full range of trade products and are dedicated to providing world class service to our customers located all over the globe.
• Be an expert in the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) rules and standards (ISP98, URDG758, UCP600) with ability to provide consultation to large multi-national clients
• Expert knowledge and understanding of the Standby Letter of Credit (SBLC) & Letter of Guarantee (LG) transactional life cycle in a global environment
• Excellent relationship management and customer service skills required to facilitate positive interaction with our stakeholders and clients.
• Review and provide recommendation of instrument drafting to protect Bank & Customer Risk prior to Issuance
• Provide recommendations / escalate issues (Non-standard, high risk or other activities as per AML Enhanced Due Diligence and Anti-Boycott Procedures)
• Provide training / guidance to the team on best practices, processes, etc. as well as guide junior staff for the completion of business as usual functions or ad-hoc non-routine requests
• Strong time-management, decision making and organizational skills to manage multiple deadlines and priorities within a fast paced environment
• Maintain full knowledge and understanding of internal and external developments, market conditions, regulatory and other changes impacting Global Trade Finance
• Identify and investigate non-standard operational / reporting / process issues
• Identify procedures for improvement; recommend and monitor the achievement of process enhancements
• Execute on ad-hoc requests
• Release day to day transactions and assess and provide approval on AML escalations.
• 5+ years’ experience in an International Trade Finance Operations environment
• Bachelor Degree in Finance, International Business or other related Discipline
• Strong communications skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Nice to have:
• bilingual (English & French).
• CDCS, CSDG accreditation is highly desired