Story Behind the Need:
• The bank is seeking a Business Analyst for ongoing support on the Finance Project and assist US Regulatory team with enhancement and BAU.
• The project has a big team where the candidate will get several opportunities to learn and build robust experience with in the Regulatory domain. The team is looking for a Business Analyst who can provide and support the team by complimenting technical skills and knowledge of financial products with in the areas of expertise they bring in.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• Not only will this candidate gain experience at a big 5 bank, but they will be working daily with some of the most disruptive and emerging technologies, making real impact at the bank and its deliverables.
Typical Day in Role:
• Investigate Issues, Develop and Enhance feeds that have amount calculations such as Market Value, Accruals, etc.
• Support Feed development project for an IT Finance/Reg Reporting Team
• Write requirements for batch and streaming architecture feeds
• Create mapping documents with enrichment and transformation logic
• Use SQL and MS Excel
• Obtain requirements on a clean slate state around trade feed enhancement, MIS reporting and reconciliations
• Develop feeds that have amount calculations such as Market Value, Accruals, etc.
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• 6+ years of IT BA Experience including experience writing requirements for batch and streaming data feeds
• 7+ years’ experience in Financial Services
• 5+ years of experience in developing feeds that have amount calculations such as Market Value, Accruals, etc.
• 5+ years of experience working in Data Feed development projects in the Financial and Regulatory reporting space
• 5+ years of experience of E2E implementation of Data Warehouses and/or Data Factory models
• Advanced SQL and MS Excel skills – demonstrated in recent projects
• Recent Investment Bank / Capital Markets experience – 2 recent projects
• Experience supporting Product Control – 2 recent projects
Nice to Have/Highly Preferred Skills:
• Knowledge of Fed Reports FFIEC 002, 2900, 2644, TIC, etc.
• AXIOM reporting experience
• Knowledge of sub-ledgers and intermediate level accounting
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential
• The role requires leadership skills, hands-on technical experience, and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness
• Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
• Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure
• Strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills