• As part of the overall Model Lifecycle Transformation program the Business Analyst Lead will be a key contributor to the Model Inventory & Management Tool project. This role offers the successful incumbent understanding of MRM tool and metadata attributes.
• This role will focus on developing a MRM taxonomy and hierarchy to drive model metadata intelligence to improve data quality, consistent model-use linkage and tracking.
• Lead a small team of BAs
• Develop a robust model risk management taxonomy and data hierarchy
• Conduct meetings and working sessions with stakeholders across client
• As an experienced banking professional, the candidate will also be accountable for ensuring the business analysis process is being performed in an effective and efficient manner. The successful candidate will be able to draw upon past working experiences to identify and resolve inefficiencies and roadblocks
• The analyst is expected to work with various stakeholders to understand their needs and help solve business problems that impact different functional areas to deliver against business requirements
• Identify opportunities for standardization and optimization
• Work with stakeholders to define & document requirements, business rules, perform data analysis
• Produce project artifacts including but not limited to requirements, use cases, test cases, testing artifacts and training materials
• Manage status and completion of all deliverables, sign-offs, milestones and action items
• Be aware of internal control processes as they are continuously updated and ensure project is compliant with these processes
• Work to ensure alignment between strategic management goals and day-to-day operational functions
• Identify, manage, and escalate (as required) assumptions, constraints, dependencies, and risks, developing and executing plans for their mitigation as possible and appropriate
• Deep understanding of the Model Environment including the development, validation, implementation, management, analysis and sunset of models
• Expert knowledge of model lifecycle and extensive experience working with Model Development, Model Validation, and/or Model Risk Management areas
• Expertise on key MRM metadata attributes
• Expertise and solid knowledge of MRM Tool
• Knowledge of industry best practices in MRM metadata and tool
• Experience in developing MRM taxonomy
• Strong stakeholder management and with experience working with large number of stakeholders across the organization with ability to get alignment and buy-in
• Demonstrated experience leading project teams and making an impact in cross-functional groups, through influence and strong relationships.
• Prior Change Leadership and/or Project Management experience
• Ability to think strategically while at the same time have a sharp eye for attention to detail
• Excellent project mgt., analytical, problem-resolution, and consensus building skills
• Able to work under stress, able to take a task & think about all the implications to different groups, solve problems for other groups, proactive personality
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Organizationally agile with strong inter-personal skills.
• Able to work effectively with other highly motivated individuals on the project team.
• Strong interpersonal and conflict management skills
• Fast Learner – quickly understand complex processes E2E
• Exp. taking ownership of project deliverables & results (Understand the Project Mgt. Life Cycle, PMLC)
• Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and work in a fast paced high-performing culture, under pressure and with time-sensitive deadlines
• Excellent PC skills in Visio, Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint; working knowledge of VBA Programming, SQL, Excel formulas etc.
Nice to have:
• 10+ yrs Business Analyst exp. from financial industry (preferably in Risk Mgt.)
• Prior BA Lead Experience is a must
• Degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics or related field
• CFA or GARP