Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Regulatory Business Initiatives group is leading a high-profile initiative to upgrade and modernize regulatory platforms across Global Markets in US, Canada, London, Singapore and Hong Kong. The initiative is expected to take upwards of 2 years to complete and requires a Business Analyst assigned to a BAU Operations team to facilitate requirements to technical users.
• Project: The focus of the Regulatory Platform Modernization will initially be focused on US and Canadian Capital Markets Regulations.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will be joining a high-profile Regulation project that will be impacting multiple business lines across the bank. The successful contractor will leverage strong relationship building with Senior Stakeholders, Business Users and Vendors.
• The position requires understanding of the OTC derivatives regulatory requirements and upcoming changes, specifically with the regulatory requirements for Canada Securities Act (CSA), Dodd Frank Act (DFA). This position will be mainly be working on the Regulatory Platform Modernization project with the existing GWO regulatory reporting team and other stakeholders. The person will be responsible for writing business requirements and performing user acceptance testing to ensure the Bank is prepared to go-live with the new platform.
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions for the upcoming Regulatory Platform Modernization project
• Build business requirements for all the required changes and work closely with our technology stakeholders to translate those to programmers and developers.
• Performs User Acceptance Testing for all the required changes, and ensure the Bank is prepared to be in compliance with the regulatory requirements with the new platform
• Provide a high level of professional service to internal and external stakeholders, consistent with Internal Controls’ role as a center of excellence for client.
• Other ad-hoc projects for supporting operational and regulatory demands as assigned.
Must Have Skills:
• A minimum of 5 years of experience working as a business analyst, with recent project experience (1-3 recent projects) supporting OTC derivatives regulatory environment or experience in capital markets regulatory initiatives
• Ability to create business solutions that increase competitive advantage, proven through recent Project experience
• Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Project management skills in order to handle diverse project, and meet aggressive deadlines.
• A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to work with different stakeholders with different level of systems knowledge
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple resources of information to arrive at innovative solutions
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Nice to have:
• CFA, and/or FRM
• Previous client experience