Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Global Regulatory Technology Compliance Group is part of Global Capital Markets Technology within Wholesale Risk Technology. The team supports regulatory reporting requirements for the banks Global back-office functions.
• Project: Regulation Project (CAT Consolidated Audit Trail) is a regulation project out of the US focused on source data for reporting and requires a strong BSA to support and identify data anomalies in the data feeds.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• Great dynamic and work environment. Regime that team is currently working on is very interesting and has challenges to it. Position requires someone who is ready to think and analyze and also has potential to work on upcoming projects. Direct team is outgoing, professional, collaborate with each other as much as possible
Typical Day in Role:
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
• Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
• Supports one or more highly complex business processes. Works on multiple projects as a project team member.
• Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
• Ability to write requirement specifications, build and execute test plans
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 4 – 5 years’ hands on experience as a BSA to resolve data anomalies in the Capital Markets domain (Regulatory Reporting preferred)
• Recent project experience (minimum 2 projects) with regulatory space within equities using JSON to report Source data
• Recent hands on experience with Fix Messaging protocols using Nifi technology: Elastic Search or Kafka (Elastic Search preferred)
• Excellent communication skills to will be required to create business requirements (need technical writing ability as well as liaising with developers for fulfillment of those requirements)
• Python experience to build out Macros is a plus
• US regulation experience is a plus
Soft Skills Required:
• Able to adapt with remote work environments
• Communication Skills – be able to communicate clearly and concisely. Written skills should be the same as candidate will need to deal with end users on a daily basis.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.