• As part of the overall Model Lifecycle Transformation program the Business Analyst will be a key contributor to the Model Process Optimization project. This role offers the successful incumbent understanding of business units by focusing on solving key business issues, processes, and outcomes as they impact the strategic direction of the business.
• This role will focus on execution of Lean Continuous Process Improvement and design initiatives aimed at: improving the customer experience, reducing errors, reducing expenses, increasing revenues and creating capacity.
• Conduct meetings and working sessions with business partners across multiple teams across Risk Management and potentially across client
• As an experienced banking professional, the candidate will also be accountable for ensuring the business analysis process is being performed in an effective and efficient manner. The successful candidate will be able to draw upon past working experiences to identify and resolve inefficiencies and roadblocks
• The analyst is expected to work with various stakeholders to understand their needs and help solve business problems that impact different functional areas to deliver against business requirements
• Spearhead process change efforts by working in collaboration with upstream and downstream stakeholders to detail current state and desired state end-to-end processes
• Identify opportunities for standardization and optimization and work with business teams to accomplish process re-engineering
• Work with stakeholders to define & document requirements, perform data/system/impact analysis, develop test plans and execute and/or support UAT
• Produce project artifacts including but not limited to requirements, use cases, test cases, testing artifacts and training materials
• Manage status and completion of all deliverables, sign-offs, milestones and action items
• Be aware of internal control processes as they are continuously updated and ensure project is compliant with these processes
• Work to ensure alignment between strategic management goals and day-to-day operational functions
• Identify, manage, and escalate (as required) assumptions, constraints, dependencies, and risks, developing and executing plans for their mitigation as possible and appropriate
• 10+ yrs Business Analyst exp. from financial industry (preferably in Risk Mgt.)
• Strong process mapping, mining and improvement skills
• Ability to think strategically while at the same time have a sharp eye for attention to detail
• Excellent project mgt., analytical, problem-resolution, and consensus building skills
• Able to work under stress, able to take a task & think about all the implications to different groups, solve problems for other groups, proactive personality
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Organizationally agile with strong inter-personal skills.
• Able to work effectively with other highly motivated individuals on the project team.
• Strong interpersonal and conflict management skills
• Fast Learner – quickly understand complex processes E2E
• Solid understanding of the components required to Design Processes
• Self starter
• Experience working with Model Development, Model Validation, and/or Model Risk Management areas
• Prior working experience participating in initiatives impacting multiple stakeholders and processes
• Exp. taking ownership of project deliverables & results (Understand the Project Mgt. Life Cycle, PMLC)
• Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and work in a fast paced high-performing culture, under pressure and with time-sensitive deadlines
• Excellent PC skills in Visio, Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint; working knowledge of VBA Programming, SQL, Excel formulas etc.
Nice to have:
• Degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics or related field
• CFA or GARP