Summary of day to day responsibilities:
• We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join our Wealth Management team in the Greater Toronto Area.
• The successful candidate will have excellent skills in requirements analysis and documentation, ability to communicate clearly and concisely with business and technology stakeholders, and the ability to work on a variety of project sizes and complexities, and from project initiation to completion.
Key responsibilities include:
• Own and complete relevant Business Analyst work packages through collaboration with multiple stakeholders to prepare for operational readiness, managing deadlines and adjusting to changing work priorities
• Establish and maintain full requirements traceability and work with the business to prioritize requirements and scope changes to ensure business needs are met
• Solidify business needs including problem statements, business objectives and strategic alignment to ensure accurate delivery of business requirements in support of the business case
• Collaborate with technology partners and provide recommendations to support development of system requirements and design, testing plans, artifacts/deliverables to ensure business needs are met
• Proactively identify and track requirements risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies, constraints and anticipate and effectively manage risks related to requirements. Align decisions to client risk appetite
• Contribute to Quality Assurance activities by supporting the development of test scripts and testing of developed solutions, including communication of issues and resolution
• Contribute to the development of the project plan and high-level work breakout session (WBS), identify and manage key risks and decisions
• Take ownership and communicate progress on work packages, including requirements management, in a concise and timely manner, escalating issues to project manager, partners and manager where appropriate
• Identify risks or issues with technology solution or design which may impact realization of project benefits and provide guidance and support to stakeholders in making good decisions to pro-actively resolve or mitigate potential risks/delays to the project
Key Skills for the successful candidate:
• Good knowledge of the post trade process, including ticketing, operational processes, regulatory review and client communications.
• Good knowledge of the end to end clearing process, including knowledge of how a broker/dealer interacts with clearing houses (CDS, DTCC etc)
• Good knowledge of foreign exchange processing, specifically related to the processing of FX on client trades in a brokerage back office environment
• Good knowledge of the concepts of margin, loan value and other related regulations. Preference given to candidates familiar with the IIROC regulatory rules related to margin, and the implementation of those rules in a broker/dealer environment.
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to effectively update project teams with the key business drivers and business goals of a given project/program.
• Good knowledge of a brokerage back office processing environment.
• Securities brokerage experience – 5+ years
• Sr. BA experience – 5+ years
• Excellent Written and verbal communication skills
• Problem solving ability
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of IBM or ISM back office – 5 to 7 years
• Knowledge of depositories- 5 to 7 years
• Familiarity with the IIROC regulatory rules related to margin, and the implementation of those rules in a broker/dealer environment experience
• 1 round