Selling Points of Position:
• Client exposure, Exposure to large complex projects
• Best Vs Average Candidate: Ability to do problem solving, can clearly articulate and elicit requirements from stakeholders, good communication skills. Ability to work independently
• How will performance be measured: Tracking tasks
SUMMARY OF DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join our Wealth Management team in the Greater Toronto Area.
• The successful candidate will have excellent skills in requirements analysis and documentation, ability to communicate clearly and concisely with business and technology stakeholders, and the ability to work on a variety of project sizes and complexities, and from project initiation to completion.
Key responsibilities include:
• Own and complete relevant Business Analyst work packages through collaboration with multiple stakeholders to prepare for operational readiness, managing deadlines and adjusting to changing work priorities
• Establish and maintain full requirements traceability and work with the business to prioritize requirements and scope changes to ensure business needs are met
• Solidify business needs including problem statements, business objectives and strategic alignment to ensure accurate delivery of business requirements in support of the business case
• Collaborate with technology partners and provide recommendations to support development of system requirements and design, testing plans, artifacts/deliverables to ensure business needs are met
• Proactively identify and track requirements risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies, constraints and anticipate and effectively manage risks related to requirements. Align decisions to client risk appetite
• Contribute to Quality Assurance activities by supporting the development of test scripts and testing of developed solutions, including communication of issues and resolution
• Contribute to the development of the project plan and high-level work breakout session (WBS), identify and manage key risks and decisions
• Take ownership and communicate progress on work packages, including requirements management, in a concise and timely manner, escalating issues to project manager, partners and manager where appropriate
• Identify risks or issues with technology solution or design which may impact realization of project benefits and provide guidance and support to stakeholders in making good decisions to pro-actively resolve or mitigate potential risks/delays to the project
Key Skills for the successful candidate
• Good knowledge of the post trade process, including ticketing, operational processes, regulatory review and client communications.
• Good knowledge of foreign exchange processing, specifically related to the processing of FX on client trades in a brokerage back office environment
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to effectively update project teams with the key business drivers and business goals of a given project/program.
• Good knowledge of a brokerage back office processing environment.
• Preference will be given to candidates with 10 or more years of securities brokerage experience
• Securities brokerage experience – 10+ years
• Sr. BA experience – 10+ years
• Excellent Written and verbal communication skills
• Problem solving ability
NICE TO HAVE
• Knowledge of depositories