Story Behind the Need
• Business group: International Asset Mgmt., a division of International Wealth Management. This group manages asset management groups responsible for managing funds in all the regions.
• Project: Asset Management Transformation
• Reason for request: new project
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a business transformation project for International Asset Management, focusing on the investment fund products distributed to clients in the LATAM and Caribbean regions.
• The candidate will need to showcase their investment funds experience as well as their analytical, leadership, communication, issue management and organizational skills.
Typical Day in Role
• Work with Asset Management’s business, operations, and IT teams to understand the current and future states of the business operating model
• Engage with stakeholders in the Pacific Alliance countries and the Caribbean to understand local and regional business needs and market trends
• Work with the business stakeholders to elicit requirements using various techniques and industry best practices
• Analyse business requirements to determine the gaps and functional requirements for system enhancements and accompanying process and procedural changes
• Liaise with project delivery team members (ex. architects, developers, testers, etc.) to develop and implement IT solutions using a combination of Agile, Waterfall or hybrid methodology
• Coordinate and collaborate with local SMEs for testing, training and implementation of new processes and technology
• Support the management team with research assignments and proof of concepts
• Demonstrate a passion for problem solving and business innovation
Candidate Requirements & Must Have Skills
• 5+ years experience in business analysis in the investment funds, asset management, wealth management or similar field within the international financial services industry
• Requirement elicitation, documentation, and presentation with experience in Agile and hybrid methodology ex. Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall, etc.
• Experience working in the Latin-American and/or Caribbean markets
• Experience using Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, or similar collaboration tools
• English/Spanish bilingualism is required
• Previous experience in banking, capital markets, fund administration or custody services
• Familiarity with systems servicing the International Wealth and Asset Management industry
• Project management best practices
• International investment fund product understanding is an asset
• Client origination, KYC, AML/ATF understanding is an asset
• Knowledgeable in front, middle and back-office services in the investment mgmt. industry
• IIBA certification or similar
• Excellent business and technical written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills including but not limited to presentation, prioritization, effective time management, negotiation, and conflict resolution
• Must have excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills to solve problems quickly and effectively in a dynamic and demanding environment.
• The ideal candidate for this role will be highly motivated, independent, resilient, comfortable with ambiguity and act as a bridge between the business and technology teams.
Degrees or certifications
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, or a technical field such as computer science, engineering, or related field
Candidate Review & Selection
• Two rounds of interviews, first with the program manager and second with business leads
• MS Teams Video
• 30 mins each
Best vs. Average Candidate
• The best candidate would be someone who has worked with the LATAM region teams and has worked in Canada as well.