Selling Points of Position:
• Wealth management and money movement is very attractive at this time as all major financial institutions are going through significant transformational changes right now, very significant/foundation/transformational change, will be working on a multi-year project so the possibility of extension is highly likely, exposure and working with multiple teams (such as development)
Best Vs Average Candidate:
• How will performance be measured: Verbal feedback from other team members, quality of work, 1-on-1’s with Pabitra
Summary Of Day To Day Responsibilities:
• The Business Architecture team is responsible for the creation and execution of the Capability Roadmaps and associated Business Roadmaps that outline the end-to-end vision for the client Wealth business capabilities and associated assets/platforms.
• This includes how all capabilities are aligned and utilized to deliver a seamless client and employee experience while ensuring adherence to all regulatory and risk/control requirements.
• We work in close collaboration with all Wealth Business Units (in Canada, the U.S and the U.K.) along with our partners including Technology, Operations and Marketing.
• Our primary focus is ownership of the key business capabilities and associated platform/system assets across Wealth.
• We are accountable for the successful execution of the end-to-end lifecycle of those key business capabilities.
• We are responsible for the development of the long-term strategy, the successful delivery of initiatives tied to the business capabilities including the long-term sustainability.
• Reporting to the Senior Business Architect for Money Movement capability within the Business Transformation pillar, the Contractor Business Analyst’s main accountabilities are
o Plan, manage, lead and oversee the end-to-end delivery of requirements throughout the lifecycle of the project in alignment with the business and/or enterprise needs and strategies. Provide leadership and work collaboratively with stakeholders including business, technology and finance partners to support project benefits and changes to business processes, policies and systems across single or multiple Lines of Business (LoB).
• Planning, estimating and managing business analysis work package.
o Define approach to elicit, analyze, communicate and manage requirements
o Identify requirements stakeholders including representation from business, operations, technology, quality assurance and other impacted groups
o Create and maintain a business analysis plan of requirements activities considering relevant priorities, dependencies, assumptions and constraints
o Estimate effort for requirements activities as input into project management plan
• Elicitation of stakeholders’ actual needs, whether expressed or implicit.
o Follow a structured approach of preparing, conducting, documenting and confirming elicitation activities
o Proactively draw out requirements from stakeholders using a variety of elicitation techniques
o Probe, challenge and understand how requirements will address business needs
• Analysis, validation, verification and prioritization of elicited requirements into deliverables.
o Apply analytical and problem-solving skills through a variety of analysis techniques to enable informed decision making
o Model and document requirements deliverables
o Verify requirements deliverables meet quality criteria (i.e. clear, consistent, concise, complete)
o Validate requirements deliverables support business needs (i.e. address the problems and opportunities)
• Management and communication of requirements to ensure shared understanding and agreement.
o Manage requirements scope
o Establish and maintain requirements traceability
o Tailor requirements packaging and communication to the consumers
o Facilitate communication between requirements stakeholders to resolve requirements issues and build consensus
• Maintain requirements and knowledge for reuse in future projects
o Sr. BA Position (level 9 in client)
o Will be required to interact with stakeholders (front line distributors, control partners, etc.) and gather all requirements
o Enter requirements into Agile
o Once requirements are finalized it moves into developing/testing
o BA must provide support and clarify any questions the developers/QA team has
o Will instruct developers what they have to test
o Occasional presentations but it is mostly small groups
Skills In The Business Analysis Tools And Techniques:
• Requirements Planning
o Planning requirements activities
o Estimating requirements effort
o Requirements Elicitation
o Workshop Facilitation
o Document Analysis
o Requirements Analysis
o Scope Analysis
o Business Context Diagram
o Business Process Modelling
o Use Case Modelling
o Business Rules Analysis
o Data Requirements
o Storyboards and User Interface Requirements
o Non-Functional Requirements
o Other Modelling (Decision Tables, Activity Diagrams, State Chart Diagrams, etc.)
o Requirements Management and Communication
o Managing requirements change and issues
o Verbal and written communication (packaging, presentation, review walkthroughs)
o Facilitation, negotiation, consensus building
o Lead without authority
o Tailoring communication to the audience
o Collaboration with delivery stakeholders
• Expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Visio. Agile project management applications; i.e. Confluence & JIRA.
• Strong Communication Skills
• BA Experience – 8 yrs. (preferably within client/banking)
• University or college degree
• Wealth management Experience
• Experience working within an Agile delivery type project
Nice To Have:
• Money movement industry experience (Account Transfer, Cash Management, Security, Payments, Contribution, Deregistration, Foreign Exchange (FX), etc.)
• JIRA and Confluence Experience
• Previous client Experience
• University or college degree
• 1 round WebEx Video