Reporting to the I.T. Manager, this individual will be responsible for designing and developing the data warehouse and supporting analytics to meet the needs of client’s data needs. The successful candidate will have solid organizational skills, excellent attention to detail and strong problem-solving abilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Act as key point of contact for the Software Development team, client Management, and end users
• Work with all organizational departments to promote data collection and data driven decision making
• Design and modify schema for the Data warehouse
• Utilize Cognos Framework Manager
• Develops reports for internal, external use
• Creates and manages ETL process to update data warehouse and cubes
• Translates business requirements into viable technical solutions.
• Ensures the appropriate backup and recovery practices are established
• Other duties as assigned
The successful Candidate should have:
• University degree or College diploma in Computer Science, or a related discipline.
• Knowledge of integrating with an AS400 system
• 3 years of development with non/semi-structured data sources (such as JSON, MongoDB, etc)
• 4-7 years’ experience with SQL, Cognos (Report Studio, Framework Manager), or similar reporting and BI tools
• Familiarity with SSAS
• Previous experience integrating within an ERP system for a distributor an asset
• Strong technical design skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Problem solving skills